How to Choose the Best Glasses for Your Face Shape
Every face is unique. Therefore, different glasses look better on different faces. Determining which frames compliment the general shape of your face is necessary in order to find the perfect pair of glasses.
Step One - Determine Your Face Shape
In order to do this, you may need to stand in front of a mirror and trace the outline of your face. Which shape do you see? We've included a list of the six most basic face shapes to help you identify.
• Oval: If you have an oval face shape, your forehead will be slightly wider than your chin. Your face will be longer than it is wide and everything will be well-balanced and appear to be symmetrical.
• Square: Your face will be as long as it is wide and your jawline will have just a slight curve. The sides of your face are straight however, are rounded off with well-defined angles.
• Round: Similar to a square face, a round face is about as wide as it is long only with the sides of your face being more curved. Your forehead and chin are softly rounded and you may have fuller cheeks.
• Heart: Heart shaped facial features include higher cheekbones, a long pointed jawline, and a wider forehead. The chin should be the smallest point on your face.
• Oblong: Your face is similar to an oval shape, however is taller and less wide. Your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline should all be about the same width.
• Diamond: Diamond face shapes include a narrow forehead and jawline with wider cheeks. In this case, your cheekbones are your most prominent feature. Diamond shaped faces happen to be the most rare!
Step Two - Find Your Match
Now that you have determined your face shape, it's time to find your match. We've put together a list of frames that compliment each of the basic face shapes. Simply just read which styles we chose for your shape. It's as easy as that!
• Oval: Since oval faces are symmetrical, just about any frames look great on you! That being said, you can experiment with a variety of different colors, textures, and shapes. Lucky you!
•Square: Round, oval, cat eye, and aviator frames will soften up any harsh lines in your face. You can also try frames with rimless edges to balance out your jawline.
• Round: Any square or rectangular frames, such as wayfarer or clubmaster styles, will set off the roundness of your face and balance everything out. Narrow frames can also add length to your face.
• Heart: Cat eye, round, aviator, and oversized frames look best because they balance out your jawline and cheekbones. In addition, bottom-heavy frames will compliment your pointed chin.
• Oblong: Round, oversized, aviator, or square frames will offset the length of your face and make it appear shorter. You can also add more width to your face by adding frames with more depth.
• Diamond: Rectangular, square, cat eye, and wayfarer styles compliment your prominent cheekbones. Top-heavy frames, like semi-rimless, also balance out your facial features.
Step Three - Wear Them Out!
Finding the perfect pair of glasses that suit our face shapes can ultimately play a huge role in our self confidence. Knowing which styles fit us best make us more confident and all together very happy. Now that you know which styles fit you perfectly, it's time to wear them out and show off your new looks!
Love the tips we shared today? Let us know! Try out any of the styles we featured today? Snap a picture and tag us on Instagram @sunglassspot, we may even repost a few!